Early years to Key Stage 2
Photo by Greg Smolonski
“Loved the interactive parts of the session where the students were able to handle the artefacts.”
Key Stage 2 teacher
East to west, ancient to modern: a visit to the Ashmolean offers exciting opportunities for both cross-curricular and subject specific teaching and learning. Where will your learning journey take you?
Our new purpose built Education Centre with its designated entrance for schools, education studio and lunch room has proved enormously successful for school visits. We also offer the opportunity to work with creative, supportive and knowledgeable Ashmolean education staff.
Our offer for early years to Key Stage 2:
- Pre-visit planning sessions for teachers
- Professional development sessions
- Special schools outreach programme
- Taught gallery activities
- Early Years: Mini Beast Discovery
- Early Years: Animal Explorers
- Early Years: Clothes around the World
- Early Years: Kings and Queens
- Key Stage 1 & 2: Exploring Portraits [pdf]
- Key Stage 1 & 2: Take One... Picture and Take One...
- Key Stage 2: Life and death in Ancient Egypt
- Key Stage 2: Roman Britain
- Key Stage 2: The Olympic Games
- Key Stage 2: In the Agora: Buying & selling in Ancient Greece
- Bespoke gallery activities designed for you (Please note we need at least 3 months notice for a bespoke visit)
- Self guided visits
To find out more download our Schools programme: Early Years to Key Stage 2 2012-13 [PDF]
Please note that advance booking is essential for all school and college visits, even for self-conducted visits. For more information, please visit how to book: schools
Visit our learning resources database for free downloadable resources to support pre and post visit work in school.
Contact for Early Years, Key Stage 1 & 2 programmes:
Clare Coleman, Education Officer: Early Years to Key Stage 2
T: 01865 288077