Oxford's Weekend Starts Here...
Free Admission, All Welcome!
On the last Friday of each month, the Museum will open its doors from 7.00 – 10.30 pm, giving visitors the opportunity to see the collections and major exhibitions after hours. Interactive events including theatrical performances, creative workshops and lively talks will be on offer, with drinks and dinner in the rooftop Dining Room on Level 4 and a bar in the vaulted Café on the Lower Ground Level.
What's The Story?
In association with The Oxford Times
Friday 27th September
7.00 – 10.30pm
A day in the life of The Oxford Times, brought to life among the galleries of the Ashmolean Museum. Hold the front page for live music, drama, discussion, curiosities, hands-on fun and a reflection of the life and culture of Oxford through the prism of an award-winning newspaper, celebrating its 150th anniversary.
Visitors can expect to encounter live music, theatre, comedy, poetry, art, lively debate and silly sports from some of the best and most interesting acts and organisations that Oxford has to offer.
Confirmed contributors currently include:
- UnderConstruction Theatre Company
- Catweazle Club
- Poetry Workshops
- Ballad readings by Fraser Prince
- Letterpress and Typesetting Information Station
- Photos from The Oxford Times archive by Marc West
- OCM Soundscape
- Hold the front page - Headline workshops
- Short Stories Aloud
- Protect Port Meadow by photographer Rory Carnegie
- Photographs from Oxford's music scene by Dean Ryan
- Entering King Tut's Tomb coordinated by Richard Kidd
- Oxford Playhouse
- Creation Theatre Company
- Sam Strange magician
- Live Column Reading by Richard O Smith
- Castaways by Sylvia Vetta
- Truck Store presents: Reichenbach Falls, Salvation Bill and The August List
- PinDrop Performances presents: After The Thought, Huck & The Xander Band, Flights of Helios and Grudle Bay with PinDrop Djs between the acts