We welcome and support children with different learning needs to the Museum
We work with students from special schools and students with special educational needs and disabilities in mainstream education.
- Our sessions are planned as inclusive learning opportunities for all students.
- We develop sessions for pupils with SEND to encourage creative responses and develop communication and cognitive skills.
- We can adapt sessions for students with different learning needs visiting as part of a mainstream class visit e.g. producing raised images and additional handling material for children with visual impairment, and adapting tours for children with hearing impairments.
- We can design and deliver bespoke visits for groups of students from special schools. We deliver outreach sessions to children who can’t get to the Museum e.g. special schools and the hospital schools.
- We design bespoke visits for children who are part of the Gifted and Talented programme.
Please flag up any SEND needs at the time of booking.
Sessions are planned in consultation with teachers to meet the needs of students.