The Publications Department
The Publications Department supports the Ashmolean's mission to disseminate information and educate the public through its collection.
In recent years the Museum has developed its work as a publisher of high quality catalogues and books. Publications enable the Ashmolean Museum to:
- generate income
- encourage enjoyment and appreciation of the collections
- interpret the collections and exhibitions
- document knowledge, research and ideas, particularly for specialist audiences
- extend the Museum's audience
- promote understanding and appreciation of the collection
- record the activity and history of the Ashmolean Museum
The Range of Publishing
The range of publications includes guides to the collection, exhibition catalogues, the Ashmolean Magazine, paper products including postcards, greeting cards and other social stationery, and multimedia, such as DVDs, slides and photographs.
Publications are aimed at all Ashmolean visitors, the general public and key specialist and specific-interest audiences:
- Museum visitors
- Exhibition visitors
- Specialists (academics, historians, art historians, numismatists, archaeologists)
- Teachers and lecturers
- The wider general public
Publications Department Addresses for Ordering
To order publications online, please follow the link to our Publications Listing.
Ashmolean Museum publications can also be obtained from the following addresses:
Oxford OX1 2PH UK
Tel: +44 (0)1865 278010
Fax: +44 (0)1865 278106