The Ashmolean Museum Security Training & Assessment Team
Personal safety training
Personal safety training is run over a half day, however full days are available on request.
All employees who have to face risks to their personal safety from customers or service users.
The course raises understanding of the background and potential risks associated with dealing with potentially violent people. Employees learn skills to conduct a dynamic risk assessment and to manage their own verbal and non-verbal skills in order to calm confrontations.
On completion of the course candidates will be able to:
- Identify why people get angry and aggressive
- Recognise different stages of conflict escalation
- Undertake a 'Personal Safety Risk Assessment'
- Manage the safety risks they face
- Understand how they respond to anger and aggression
- Demonstrate skills they can use to calm a situation
Personal safety training course is tailored to your organisation. However the key contents will include:
- Background to aggressive behaviour
- Assessing vulnerability
- Responding to conflict
- Managing confrontation
If you would like more information about this course or would like to discuss how this or any other of our conflict management training courses can be tailored to your needs, please contact us:
T: 01865 288298
To express an interest go to the Enquiry Form