Education & Outreach
An integral part of the University of Oxford, the Ashmolean produces scholarship of the highest standard.
But our commitment to education extends far beyond the academic community, and every year the Education team delivers a programme of activities for:
- Many thousands of school children to participate in gallery activities and handling sessions.
- Families to enjoy workshops and weekend drop-in events.
- Adults to attend lectures, talks and study days
- Visitors with special needs to take part in a range of activities
- Community groups to get involved at the Museum or through community centres, schools, and hospitals
You can help
Your gift to education could help in the following ways:
- £10 buys a magnifying glass for visually impaired visitors to use in a handling session
- £50 stocks the Activity Trolley with pencils, sharpeners and activity sheets for a month
- £150 funds one ‘Greeks on Tour’ workshop in a local school
- £200 pays for a sign language interpreter to work with a group of people with hearing impairments for a day
- £1,500 underwrites a public symposium
- £2,000 employs an Education Officer for a month
- £5,000 supplies all the art materials needed for an entire year of workshops
Find out What's On at the Museum