The Ashmolean's exciting and varied annual programme of exhibitions makes our rich collections of art and archaeology widely available for study, enjoyment, and inspiration.
Exhibitions also provide public access to private collections held by the University of Oxford, and by individuals and institutions around the world.
Larger temporary exhibition galleries and better facilities in the new building enable the Ashmolean to hold major international exhibitions, but there are still many costs to be met.
You can help
Your gift to exhibitions could help in the following ways:
- £75 frames and glazes one drawing
- £100 covers the cost of invigilating an exhibition for one day
- £150 lights one painting
- £500 provides information panels and labels for a special exhibition
- £1,000 repaints an exhibition gallery
- £1,200 funds a public lecture
- £5,000 supplies a wall-mounted showcase for 3-dimensional objects
Find out What's On at the Museum