Tradescant Patrons Group
Founded in 2003, the Tradescant Patrons are named after John Tradescant the Elder, the 16th century royal gardener whose 'Ark' of 'Curiosities' at Lambeth formed the basis of the Ashmolean collections.
Benefits of membership:
As a Tradescant you will have all of the benefits of being a Friend, plus
- Invitations to exclusive private views, lectures and behind-the-scenes tours.
- Annual Director's Study Day, including study sessions led by curators and lunch with the Director (extra cost).
- A specially chosen publication, received each year.
Past events have included:
- Private View of 'A New Flowering: 1000 Years of Botanical Art'
- 'East Meets West'; an in depth look at the movement of objects and ideas from China and Japan, through the Islamic Word, to Europe, from the 9th to the 19th centuries.
- 'A Private Evening at the Ashmolean'; curator-led tours of our contemporary prints, works by William Turner, and The Hunt in the Forest.
If you would like more information about the Tradescant Patrons Group, please contact:
Patrons & Friends Manager: Natasha O'Farrell
Tel: +44 (0)1865 288161
Follow this link for information on how to join the Tradescant Patrons Group.