- Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
- Fridays are by appointment only
- Admission is free
- Planned closure: Tuesday 19 December 2017 to Monday 1 January 2018, re-opening on Tuesday 2 January 2018
BOOK IN ADVANCE
Booking in advance is recommended, particularly if you are making a long journey.
You need to book in advance:
- for Fridays
- to view drawings by Michelangelo and Raphael (at least 24 hours’ notice in writing)
- for group visits (at least two weeks’ notice)
- for visitors who have difficulty with stairs
MICHELANGELO AND RAPHAEL
Michelangelo and Raphael’s drawings are some of the most popular works in the collection. They are also very fragile, so in order to preserve these works for future generations, we ask that you book in advance.
The exhibition Raphael: The Drawings (29 September 2017 to 7 January 2018) at the Albertina in Vienna means that the majority of our Raphael drawings will not be available for viewing in the Print Room until March 2018.
The exhibition Michelangelo: Divine Draftsman and Designer (6 November 2017 to 12 February 2018) at the Metropolitan Museum in New York means that access to our Michelangelo drawings is limited until April 2018.
Group visits must be booked in advance. A maximum of 12 people may be accommodated for an hour, Tuesday to Thursday, 10.30am to 12.30pm and 2.15pm to 4pm. At least two weeks’ notice is required.
DURING YOUR VISIT
To access the Print Room, talk to our staff at the Museum's Information Desk on the Ground Floor. They will arrange your visit and show you how to find us.
When visiting the Print Room
- all bags must be left in our lockers
- please only use pencils (not propelling pencils) to make notes
- no food, drink or chewing gum is allowed
There is no lift access to the Print Room, but we can make items from the collection available to you if you have difficulty with stairs. Please let us know in advance if you would like to arrange this.