CELEBRATING NEW YEAR
Multi-faith storytelling, performance & craft
This event was the third online event in our One World Festival series, this time celebrating the New Year. The event included a multi-faith panel discussion, musical and dance performances, storytelling, a talk from an Ashmolean curator, and a family craft activity. A full programme can be found further down this page.
- Multi-faith Panel Discussion – 40 minutes
Oxfordshire faith leaders share their reflections and hopes inspired by One World festival theme 'Light in the Darkness'.
- Indian Classical Dance Performance by Raahi Patel – 5 mins
Talented young dancer Raahi performs a dance to the prayer Shree Ram Stuti.
- Craft activity: Create your own 'Window of Kindness' – 10 minutes
Sarah Jane Airey from Cowley Road Works introduces Emily Cooling's stained-glass window craft activity film, part of the 'Window of Kindness project led by the Roarsomes.
What you'll need:
- A printed template, of the design you'd like to make
- Black paper
- Tissue paper
- Tracing or greaseproof paper
- Glue and a paint brush
- Scissors, ruler, and a pencil or pen
- Music performance by Duo Delnavaz – 6 minutes
Dalaram Izadi (tambour) and Chris Hills (tabla) perform an interpretation of an ancient Persian tune 'Before the King.
- Curator talk: 'Les Rameaux' – 5 minutes
An Van Camp, curator of Northern European Art at the Ashmolean, talks about this beautiful painting by Elizabeth Sonrel, a new acquisition for the museum.
- 'Hope' performance poetry and storytelling – 17 minutes
Euton Daley and Amantha Edmead inspire with hope fuelled poetry and storytelling performances.