A FREE After Hours event at the Museum, packed with entertainment
Pharaoh Friday Programme
Join us for an exciting evening of Egypt-inspired performances, games and bite-sized talks.
Egypt has inspired so many generations in so many ways and the Museum's Egyptian galleries never cease to wow young and old alike.
With the centenary of the re-discovery of King Tutankhamun's Tomb in November 1922, we're bringing together artists and researchers to commemorate Egypt and its influence on the world at our November After Hours event.
Here's a glimpse of what you can enjoy at Pharaoh Friday:
- hear about archaeology adventures from Egyptologists
- listen to live music performances by Oxford Maqam and others, inspired by Egypt
- play interactive games with researchers
- wander through the Museum's Egypt galleries and meet modern Egyptian artists displaying their latest work
- discover showcases of the latest technology being used to tell some of the world's most ancient stories.
- Museum shop, cafe and Rooftop Restaurant are open, see details below
Download the Pharaoh Friday Programme