Why support the Ashmolean?
"It is a British Museum, National Gallery and Victoria and Albert Museum in epitome, in a single building"
Britain's Best Museums & Galleries, Mark Fisher, Penguin 2004
- Founded in 1683, the Ashmolean is the oldest museum in Britain (and the oldest university museum in the world).
- The Ashmolean attracts 380,000 visitors each year.
- Each year the Museum hosts, on average, eight highly regarded and well visited exhibitions.
- We offer a range of benefits for corporate hire, which will be tailored to your specific goals.
- With over 25,000 school children visiting the Ashmolean each year, and a varied programme of educational activities in place, there is a wealth of opportunities for becoming involved in this area.
- We have a strong individual membership programme with over 2,500 active members.
- The Ashmolean's major redevelopment, due to open in 2009, will provide a whole range of additional venue hire and sponsorship options.