ashmolean

Maiolica Collection

Browse Collection

182 of 183

First Object

Previous Object

Return to
Introduction

Return to
Gallery

Return to
All Online Collections

Next Object

Last Object

Click to hide image

Vase with the arms and monogram of C.D.E. Fortnum

Ulisse Cantagalli, workshop of

Firenze (Florence) , 1882

42 cm (height)

tin-glazed earthenware (maiolica); lustred

The Cantagalli family workshop was refounded in Florence in 1878 by Ulisse Cantagalli and became the most internationally successful of Renaissance revival maiolica firms. One vase is signed Cigheri A. Alfredo and Angelo Cigheri were sons of Giuseppe Cigheri, a leading artist in the workshop.

Bequeathed by C. D. E. Fortnum, 1899.  WA1899.22

Other Images

Click to hide image

Click to hide image