Join the Friends of the Ashmolean
The Friends of the Ashmolean play an active and important role within the Museum. Members are entitled to free entry to exhibitions and we organise a wide variety of activities throughout the year.
As a Friend you can enjoy a range of benefits and behind-the-scenes activities. Your support will help to fund the preservation, conservation and expansion of the Museum's collections as well as scholarly research, education programmes and public exhibitions.
Since our foundation in 1969, the Friends are proud to have donated over £1.6 million to the Museum.
Benefits of membership
- Free entry to all the Ashmolean's paying exhibitions
- Three activities programmes a year within the Museum, in Oxford and around Britain. Our current Summer programme of events can be viewed here. Follow this link for the Autumn programme of events
- Free copies of The Ashmolean Magazine and What's On posted to you
- 10% discount in the Café and in the Ashmolean Dining Room, the splendid rooftop Restaurant*
- 10% discount in the Ashmolean Shop*
- E-newsletters and invitations to exclusive members' events
* Please note that these discounts are offered at the discretion of the Ashmolean Museum Shop and Benugo Ltd, and may be subject to change. The discount for the Ashmolean Dining Room does not include alcoholic beverages.
- £38 individual
- £55 joint (living at the same address)
- £700 life individual
- £1000 life joint (living at the same address)
Gift membership is also available. Friends can bring up to two children under the age of 18 free of charge to exhibitions. Complimentary tickets for young people aged 12–17 are available from the ticket desks on presentation of a membership card.
How the Friends currently support the Museum
- By enriching the Museum's collections through grants towards acquisitions
- By enabling others to share the collections
- By maintaining the research excellence of the Museum
- By supporting the outstanding Education Programme
- By contributing to the Museum's Annual Appeal
Contact the Friends
If you have any queries please contact us:
- For Membership and lost cards, email email@example.com or telephone 01865 278 016
- For Activities, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01865 278 172.
Please note that the office is largely staffed by volunteers and all queries are answered as soon as possible.
Charity No. 309178