Elias Ashmole Group
The Elias Ashmole Group was founded by the Ashmolean's Former Director, Professor Christopher Brown, in 1998. This exclusive group was named after Elias Ashmole who inherited the Tradescants' collection as a thank you for publishing its catalogue. In 1683 he bestowed the collection upon the University of Oxford, effectively founding the Ashmolean.
The principal objective of this elite Patrons group is to support the specific needs of the Museum contributing substantially to acquisitions, temporary exhibitions, conservation, the expansion of the Museum's collections to the educational programme and key curatorial posts. Members of the Elias Ashmole Group enjoy regular contact with the Director and senior staff, and are at the heart of the life of the Museum.
The annual subscription to the Elias Ashmole Group is £1,500. This entitles two joint members or a member and a guest to:
- Exclusive Elias Ashmole Group events and Patrons’ programmes including the Annual Gala Dinner
- Invitations to the Spring Trip Abroad with the Director and curators
- Free entry to all special exhibitions and invitations to private views
- The Ashmolean Magazine and a complimentary publication
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop, Café and the Ashmolean Dining Room*
*Please note the offer excludes alcoholic drinks. Discounts are offered at the sole discretion of the Ashmolean Shop and Benugo Ltd and may be subject to change.
If you would like more information about the Elias Ashmole Group, please contact:
Patrons & Friends Manager: Natasha O'Farrell
Tel: +44 (0)1865 288161