These terms and conditions apply to the free Ashmolean Museum prize draw advertised at EA/PA Communities of Practice Conference in September 2023.
- By entering the prize draw, you are agreeing to receive follow-up emails regarding Christmas and corporate parties at the Ashmolean Museum, including receiving the digital Christmas Parties brochure.
- The data you provide when signing up is stored securely and is for Ashmolean Museum use only
- The prize consists of one Sparkling Afternoon Tea for Two in the Rooftop Restaurant.
- The prize cannot be transferred and no cash alternative can be offered.
- Afternoon tea service runs from 3pm until 4.30pm daily and must be pre-booked. This is subject to availability and the prize must be redeemed by 31 January 2024.
- Employees and immediate families of the promoters and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion (Ashmolean Museum & Benugo) are ineligible to enter.
- Only one entry will be counted per person, per email address, and per enquiry.
- Only attendees at the EA/PA Communities of Practice Conference in September 2023 are eligible to enter, and all entrants must be over the age of 18.
- The winner will be drawn on 1 November 2023 and will be chosen at random by the Ashmolean Museum from all completed and valid entries received before this date.
- Entries can only be submitted online via the competition entry form advertised at the EA/PA Communities of Practice Conference in September 2023. Entrants must enter a valid name and email address.
- The winner will be contacted by email and details will be provided on how to claim and book the prizes. If a winner does not respond within 7 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and another will be selected.
- Any Entrant may be disqualified from this Competition at the discretion of the Promoter for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or cheating in any way such as:
- Using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications or “bots” to simulate human interaction;
- Exploiting the application in any way or using the application in any way that circumvents the purpose and conditions of the Competition.
- Only entries submitted following the specified entry mechanics will be deemed valid entries. Any entries which are deemed offensive will be disqualified at the discretion of the Promoter and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is non-transferable or refundable. If the winner is unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion.
- The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other third-party discounts or special offers.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
- The Ashmolean Museum reserve the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
The Promoters of this competition are: the Ashmolean Museum, Beaumont Street, Oxford OX1 2PH