BECOME A PATRON
The Ashmolean has relied upon the support of benefactors ever since its founding collection was bestowed by Elias Ashmole, establishing the world’s first public museum in 1683.
Since then the Museum has grown into a world-class collection of art and archaeology. Today, a walk through our galleries allows our visitors to explore human stories across cultures and across time: from the world’s greatest collection of Raphael drawings, to the most important collection of Egyptian pre-dynastic sculpture and ceramics outside Cairo, outstanding Anglo-Saxon treasures, and the foremost collection of modern Chinese painting in the Western world.
Our dedicated and loyal group of Patrons currently provide extraordinary support, contributing substantially to acquisitions, exhibitions, conservation, education and key curatorial posts. This support underpins our commitment to ensure that our world-class collections are made available to visitors by sharing, preserving and interpreting the objects and works of art in our care, and promoting understanding of them through education and research.
Now more than ever we need your help to ensure we can continue this important work.
It would be my pleasure to welcome you as an Ashmolean Patron.
- Exhibition Private Views
- The Annual Ashmolean Gala Dinner
- Annual European Spring Trip with the Director
- Talks at the Museum and online
- Special visits to private collections
- Behind-the-scenes access in the Museum and further afield
- Study sessions with curatorial staff
- Free entry to all exhibitions
- Discounts in the Rooftop Restaurant, Café and the Museum Shop