- Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
- Fridays are by appointment only
- Admission is free
- Please be aware that during the week of 8 October we will be transferred to a new IT system. During this period we may experience some disruption to e-mail and database access. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause
- Planned closures: 16 December 2018–1 January 2019, inclusive
BOOK IN ADVANCE
Booking in advance is recommended, particularly if you are making a long journey.
You need to book in advance:
- for Fridays
- to view drawings by Michelangelo and Raphael (at least 24 hours’ notice in writing)
- for group visits (at least two weeks’ notice)
- for visitors who have difficulty with stairs
MICHELANGELO AND RAPHAEL
Michelangelo and Raphael’s drawings are some of the most popular works in the collection. They are also very fragile, so in order to preserve these works for future generations, we ask that you book well in advance in writing.
Group visits must be booked in advance. A maximum of 12 people may be accommodated for an hour, Tuesday to Thursday, 10.30am to 12.30pm and 2.15pm to 4pm. At least two weeks’ notice is required.
DURING YOUR VISIT
To access the Print Room, talk to our staff at the Museum's Information Desk on the Ground Floor. They will arrange your visit and show you how to find us.
When visiting the Print Room
- all bags must be left in our lockers
- please only use pencils (not propelling pencils) to make notes
- no food, drink or chewing gum is allowed
There is no lift access to the Print Room, but we can make items from the collection available to you if you have difficulty with stairs. Please let us know in advance if you would like to arrange this.