RELAXED POMPEII EXHIBITION OPENINGS
Enjoy a relaxed visit to the Last Supper in Pompeii exhibition
Join us for an Autism-friendly visit to Last Supper in Pompeii. An opportunity to explore this stunning exhibition without the crowds.
Numbers in the exhibition will be limited and audio and lighting adjusted to make a visit as relaxed and enjoyable as possible for people with Autism or have other sensory needs.
There will be people around to talk to if you would like to, simple making activities and a quiet zone.
We will keep noise to a minimum but there may be some noises in the museum so we would recommend bringing ear defenders if you find them helpful.
Click here to find out more about the exhibition: ashmolean.org/pompeii
There are four relaxed openings to the Last Supper in Pompeii exhibition:
- Monday 16 September 2019
- Monday 30 September 2019 - CANCELLED
- Saturday 7 December 2019
- Saturday 14 December 2019
All the relaxed openings are 9-10am. This is the hour before the exhibition opens to the wider public.
These events for people with autism or people have other sensory needs.
No, the relaxed opening are free for all members of the group.
No, all ages welcome.
Yes. Booking is essential.
Secure 24 hour online booking
Booking fee per transaction: £1
At the museum's information desk during normal opening hours
Mon- Sun 11am-3pm
Booking fee per transaction: £2
- Please come to the main front door on Beaumont Street.
- Door will open at 9am. Someone will be there to welcome you and check people in.
- Front door will remain open until 9.20am in case people are running a little later. After that we will close the door and people will need to go to the staff entrance on St Giles where security staff will radio for me and someone can come and find you.
- When you come in the museum is closed to the general public - we will keep noise to a minimum but there may be some noises in the museum and you may see museum staff moving about.
- The exhibition will be as it normally is for visitors but we will turn down the volume of the film projections.
- Smaller number of people in the exhibition (20 max) so plenty of space to explore.
- A simple making/handling activity will be available.
- If you would like to leave before 10am when the museum opens to the general public that is fine - just let a member of staff know and we can escort you out.
- Toilets are nearby if needed. Just ask a member of staff if you need to be directed to them.
- The museum and the exhibition open to the general public at 10am so the galleries and spaces will be busier when you leave than when you came in. You are most welcome to stay in the exhibition or the wider museum after 10am
Yes - we have written a social guide for families with children but everyone very welcome to use it. Download here
To find out more about the relaxed openings please call or email
email@example.com 01865 288181
firstname.lastname@example.org 01865 278015