Ashmolean Colour Revolution Social Media Prize Draw
These terms and conditions apply to the Colour Revolution: Victorian Art, Fashion & Design chaise longue photograph social media competition run by the Museum across Instagram and TikTok.
- The competition promoter and prize supplier is the Ashmolean Museum, Beaumont Street, Oxford OX1 2PH.
- To qualify for entry, the competition entrant must share, on Instagram or TikTok, a photograph or video recreating the iconic painting ‘Young Decadent (After the Ball)’ by Ramon Casas (© Museu de Montserrat) using the chaise longue on-site at the
Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. Posts must be public and tag @AshmoleanMuseum and use the hashtag #AshmoleanMuseum.
- The prize consists of an Individual and Guest Ashmolean Membership for one year.
- The competition closes at 5pm on 18 February 2024.
- The prize is non-transferable and have no cash value. No cash alternative can be offered to the prize.
- Employees and immediate families of the promoters, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with the promotions (including the Ashmolean Museum) are ineligible to enter.
- Entry is free and open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over who submit a valid entry to the competition following the stated instructions.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Winning entrants will be chosen at random by the Ashmolean Museum from all completed and valid entries received by the closing date. The decision is final and non-negotiable.
- If a winner does not respond within 7 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize may be forfeited and another winner selected. An alternative winner may be selected up to 2 times.
- The Promoters have the right to withdraw this prize draw at any time.
- The Ashmolean reserves the right to publish the name and entry photo/video of any competition entrant, including the prize winner, on its website and social media channels.
- Any costs incurred from changes after any hotel or travel is booked, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other third-party discounts or special offers.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability,
which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in
connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a
prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect
the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable
legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated
to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or
at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.